- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
Notice and Scope of Our Privacy PracticesSierra Foothill Connection provides members with clear, prominent, and easily accessible information about its privacy practices. This policy applies to operations online.
Information We CollectWe collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We do this using lawful and fair methods. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection. Information You Give Us We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Sierra Foothill Connection online. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on one of our website;
- Make an online purchase from us;
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (such as the sale of pseudoephedrine);
- Request member service or contact us;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us.
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computer's operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our site. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
How We Use Your InformationSierra Foothill Connection uses your information to provide requested services and to support core business functions. Some examples include:
- To register and service your account;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
- To send you information about our member services and promotions; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business;
Your ChoicesMarketing Preferences We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters and special merchant offers. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We also use an opt-in standard for sharing information with third parties for marketing purposes. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your express consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for all other communications. Opt-out means we will conduct the activity unless you tell us not to.
Or you may contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address.
Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests. You can also change your mind about your marketing preferences. To do so, you can visit the Privacy Preference Center or contact us at one of the above addresses.Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.Online Operations and Advertising You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our websites without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our website, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
How to Access and Update Your InformationSierra Foothill Connection takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete, so we can treat your information properly and effectively under this policy. You can access or update your information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on SierraFoothillConnection.com, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information.
- Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section of this policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will make changes you request or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
How We Secure Your InformationSecuring your information is a company priority. Whether you are online, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information. When we do have to collect your most private personal information, we will protect its confidentiality, prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only. Online Protections Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use an encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). When you enter a secure portion of a website, you will see https (instead of http) in the address bar, and an image of a closed lock or a solid key should appear in the address bar or bottom bar of your browser window. If you click on this image, website security information will appear. This indicates that your personal information is transmitted in encrypted form, not to some unknown or unauthorized server. SierraFoothillConnection.com has also obtained a digital certificate from Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, a leading provider of Internet trust services.
Privacy Protections for Specific Types of InformationWe also protect the credit or debit card information we collect during transactions. We comply with industry requirements known as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI Standards). These standards require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks; encryption or other protection of cardholder data; physical and technical access controls; monitors and tests of security systems; and information security policies.
Privacy of Children OnlineWe are committed to protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect children's personal information, and to meet the standards of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
SierraFoothillConnection.com is a general audience website not geared towards children. In several areas of SierraFoothillConnection.com, such as when members contact us via email, create a SierraFoothillConnection.com account, or sign up for e-mail newsletters and alerts, we ask for birth year information. We ask for this to help us ensure that children do not provide us personal information on the site. Please contact us at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section of this policy if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
Contact UsPlease feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about this policy or about how your information is handled. You can contact us via the addresses below:
E-mail:Question of Privacy Mail:
Sierra Foothill Connection
P.O. Box 360
Prather, CA 93651